Gecko Landmarks makes location based services relevant and interesting for the majority of the world population.
- The majority of the world population does not use maps and exact addresses; they use landmarks to navigate
- We bring the landmark concept to location based services, making the services relevant for everybody
- Gecko Landmarks is the world’s leading landmark data developer
- Landmark location offers the only proven way for mass market to understand the location in emerging countries
We offer text based landmark data, services and applications.
Our data covers every country in the world with highly accurate local landmarks, and
is used in an increasing amount of applications to create location services with
mass market appeal.
We help overcome the the main challenges the traditional
digital map based location services in emerging markets:
- Over 60% of the world population cannot read traditional or digital maps
- Digital map data transfer is expensive and requires high quality networks
- Digital maps are not working in all phones
- Digital map updating processes are slow and can not follow the overall development of emerging countries
Jani Tirronen, CEO - is in charge of the commercialisation of the Landmarks and the
Instant Location concept, together with the company’s investor relationships. Jani’s vision and the
main objective is to bring location based services available for the next 5 billion through the global
technology partnerships. He has over 15 years of experience in various global leadership and
entrepreneurial roles within internet and mobile internet industries, including co-founding of
two successful companies, and also major initiatives within large corporations such as location based
applications program within Nokia.
Pasi Riipinen, GEO - Founder of Gecko Landmarks and Tramigo. Over 20 years practical experience of
successful geographical data development and business management in emerging countries. Pasi has already
brought the landmarks concept into tracking and fleet management with Tramigo. With Gecko Landmarks, he
is doing the same for mobile phones and internet based LBS services.
Asmo Soinio, CTO - co-founder of Gecko Landmarks, over 15 years of experience with mobile and location
technologies, focusing on software. Previously with Nokia and Tramigo. Father of three children,
passionate about beautiful code, mobile apps, snowboarding, kiteboarding and disc golf.